2018 WOOD BADGE COURSES9-91-18
SAVE THE DATE: March 2-4, 2018 and April 6-8, 2018
To Download the Wood Badge S9-91-18 Course Flyer and Registration Form
To Register Online Click Here
The course is limited to the first 48 paid participants. Registration is open- please register early at the Council Office or online as the course will fill up quickly!
About Wood Badge
Experience the ultimate in adult leadership training. Wood Badge is advanced leadership training that will provide Scouters with the leadership skills to make a difference in the lives of America’s youth.
The primary purpose of the Wood Badge experience is simple—to strengthen Scouting in our units, districts, and council. Every Scout deserves a well-trained leader. It provides dedicated Scouters with the concepts, tools, and methods needed to be effective leaders. Wood Badge creates a structured opportunity to develop and apply critical leadership skills. Leadership is a skill that is used everywhere, on a daily basis. Attending Wood Badge will make your Scouting job easier. Attendees gain an in-depth understanding of the skills of leadership. The skills you learn will help you become a more effective leader in Scouting, your career, your family, and your community life.
As the six-day practical portion of the program draws to a close you will set some personal goals or ticket items to practice your new knowledge and skills. You will have 18 months to complete your ticket starting from April 8, 2018. By practicing your new knowledge and skills, you will become a more effective leader. In addition to your own personal growth, the Scouts you serve will benefit most from your developmental commitment. You will have a great deal of fun in the company of like minded individuals.
Wood Badge is:
– Open to every Adult Leader who is fully trained in his/her volunteer position.
– Based on contemporary leadership concepts used in the private sector.
– A cost effective leadership program.
– Designed for use in Scouting as well as in the workplace and other volunteer organizations.
– A common foundation of leadership skills to be used throughout all program areas.
– Experience-based learning as well as classroom learning.
-Delivered in the Chattahoochee Council over two three-day weekends.
As a Result or attending Wood Badge, participants will be able to:
– View Scouting globally, as a family of interrelated, values-based programs that provide age appropriate activities for youth.
– Recognize the contemporary leadership concepts consistent with our values-based movement.
– Apply the skills they learn from their participation as a member of a successful working team.
– Revitalize their commitment by sharing in an overall inspirational experience that helps provide Scouting with the leadership it needs to accomplish its mission on an ongoing basis.