One of the council’s suggested money-earning projects is the annual popcorn sale. With a little imagination, many units have raised sizable amounts of money for unit accounts.
What if we didn’t sell popcorn?
Camp fees would increase
Camp improvements would slow
Equipment would not be replaced as regularly
Costs for all events would increase
Campership dollars would shrink
Less staff at camp
Highlights of the Fall 2010 sale include:
1. High profits to your unit: Your unit can receive a base 35% cash commission, with a bonus 5% when you sell 0ver $10,000 worth of popcorn
2. Support our troops program: Opportunity to offer a $25 and $40 popcorn donation to troops and their families who have loved ones overseas (while earning up to a 35% commission for your unit).
3. Prize Program: New prize program which offers gift cards from Amazon or Wal-Mart for all prize levels!
4. Kick off kits: Every unit that attends training and sells receives a Kick off kit valued at over $100!
5. Product mix: Chocolate Popcorn is back!!!! Along with Carmel corn popcorn and other great products to sell and eat.
Important Popcorn Dates
Popcorn Take Orders Due:
Friday, October 29, 2010
Popcorn Pickup: Friday, November 12, 2010
Popcorn Payment Due: Friday, December 3, 2010