2016 WOOD BADGE COURSE S9-91-16
SAVE THE DATE: March 4-6 & April 8-10, 2016
Course information and links for participant registration are online,
Click Here to register today!
The course is limited to the first 56 paid participants. Registration is open- please register early at the Council Office or online as the course will fill up quickly!
For more information, contact Woodbadge Course Director Mark Scott email@example.com or Staff Advisor Joe Westbrook at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Wood Badge
Woodbadge is the ultimate leadership training program for adult leaders of the BSA. Similar courses on the corporate side cost thousands of dollars per attendee and may not offer the same depth of information. It is a leadership course designed for all Adult Scouters. It is hoped that every Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, and Venturing leader, as well as Council and District Leaders and Professionals will take the Wood Badge course within two years of becoming a Scouter.
Wood Badge is:
- Open to every Adult Leader who is fully trained in his/her volunteer position.
- Based on contemporary leadership concepts used in the private sector.
- A cost effective leadership program.
- Designed for use in Scouting as well as in the workplace and other volunteer organizations.
- A common foundation of leadership skills to be used throughout all program areas.
- Experience-based learning as well as classroom learning.
- Delivered in the Chattahoochee Council over two three-day weekends.
As a Result or attending Wood Badge, participants will be able to:
- View Scouting globally, as a family of interrelated, values-based programs that provide age appropriate activities for youth.
- Recognize the contemporary leadership concepts consistent with our values-based movement.
- Apply the skills they learn from their participation as a member of a successful working team.
- Revitalize their commitment by sharing in an overall inspirational experience that helps provide Scouting with the leadership it needs to accomplish its mission on an ongoing basis.